View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seyoth
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: The Basic Info for New Druids

Druids are one of my favorite classes and an excellent choice for any new player. This is because at level 10 you have the choice to do what you want: Tanking, Healing, Ranged and Melee DPS. This is the only class that lets you test out and learn what style of game play you enjoy the most.

Druids have four specialization options:

•  Balance: Uses a mix of Arcane and Nature magic to destroy foes from a distance. Also known as “moonkin,” which is their iconic form. Ranged damage spellcaster.
  •   Feral: Becomes a panther or lion (depending on race) to destroy foes at close range. Often called simply “cat spec.” Melee damage dealer.
  •  Guardian: Becomes a large bear to absorb enemy attacks and protect others. New in Mists of Pandaria (previously, both roles were integrated into Feral). Melee tank.
  •   Restoration: Uses Nature spells to heal friends. Focuses primarily on heal-over-time spells. Can temporarily assume the form of an ancient (large tree-like being) for increased healing potential. Prior to Cataclysm, healed permanently from a treant form. 

So for those new folks that are unsure what they want to play a Druid is a good base to figure that out. You can then branch out from your Druid and play other classes that have the specialization you like the most.

Tanks – Druid, Warrior, Monk, Paladin and at lvl 55 you unlock Death Knights.

Melee DPS – Druid, Warrior, Monk, Paladin, Rouge, Shaman, and again Death Knights at lvl 55.

Range DPS – Druid, Shaman, Priest, Mage, Warlock, and Hunters.

Healers – Druid, Shaman, Priest, Monk, and Paladin.

Only Night Elf's and Worgen's can be Druids.

I will be posting more detailed info for each Druid spec over the weekend. Feel free to ask me any questions on the forum or in game. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anastasis Forum Index -> Druid All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: